Extended Stay NYC - An 1871 House Owned Company
Extended Stay Accommodations in New York City - Upper East Side
1871 House Extended Stay NYC is an Extended Stay B&B located in a beautiful brownstone building built in the year 1871 in the heart of the historic district of the Upper East Side, New York, NY.
Get a taste of how wealthy Upper East Siders live in our converted 19-century townhouse located just two blocks from Central Park. Extended Stay NYC - 1871 House is a long-stay B&B for those planning to spend a month or more in the city. Spacious one-, two- and three-room suites are beautifully decorated with many antiques, hardwood floors, decorative moldings and (non-functioning) fireplaces. The suites typically have kitchens or kitchenettes equipped with a fridge, stove, microwave and coffee maker, amenities like housekeeping, phones and flat screen TVs, and the Garden Room has a beautifully landscaped terrace. Four-poster beds, lace-clad windows and country quilts make this a special retreat in the middle of the city. 1871 House - Extended Stay NYC Suites can be reserved for longer stays - whatever the reason. 30-night minimum rental.
There's No Place Like Our Home-Away-From-Home
Home-Away-From-Home. We often become a home away from home for individuals and families who desire to have a homelike atmosphere for extended personal vacations or personal needs accommodations. Booking an extended stay at 1871 House - Extended Stay NYC - can give one a feel for what it’s like to live in NYC from a Breakfast at Tiffany’s past to the excitement of being in the heart of New York City today.
Fantastic Central Location Within the Upper East Side Historic District
CLOSE TO SHOPPING, CENTRAL PARK, MUSEUMS, RESTAURANTS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
Our central location and fully furnished apartments serve the extended stay market well. The proximity of Extended Stay NYC - 1871 House to the midtown business district allows the busy executive to be more productive. All the while enjoying the proximity to Central Park for morning runs or being at the steps of Upper East side famed Madison Avenue. Transportation is abundant, stores and restaurants diverse and people watching extraordinary. Please consider Extended Stay NYC - 1871 House for your next extended stay in New York City and join our growing list of veterans.
A QUIET, TREE-LINE RESIDENTIAL LOCATION.
Serene privacy and unmatched convenience will immediately endear you to our house's lovely side block of townhouses and the Upper East Side neighborhood at large. East 62nd Street between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue is a quiet, tree-lined residential enclave for some of New York’s most prestigious addresses.
Central Park is only a few short blocks from us, and the neighborhood has much, much else, to offer, from some of the finest boutiques and best restaurants in New York, to the fabulous Museum Mile, including the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), the Met Breuer, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and The Frick Collection, to the dream-row of all true shoppers, that stretch including Bloomingdale's, Barneys, Bendels and Bergdorf-Goodman. Further close attractions include Manhattan's exclusive Decoration & Design building (D&D building) and the Manhattan Art and Antiques Center, where architects, designers and collectors from around the world travel for the concentration of design and home furnishings showrooms and galleries.
For business executives here on a short assignment, our house is ideally located near Midtown Manhattan and is convenient to bothMidtown East corporate offices and to those in Wall Street and the Financial District. Consequently, guests need not venture too far for meetings, seminars, functions and events.
Medical professionals, patients, families, and caregivers also appreciate our ideal location, minutes away from some of the country's best hospitals and medical facilities including Memorial Sloan Kettering (mskcc), Weill Cornell Medical College, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York-Presbyterian hospital, Lenox Hill Hospital, the Hospital for Special Surgery and Mount Sinai Hospital.
Other quintessential New York attractions quickly and easily reached from 1871 House include: Grand Central Station, Times Square and the Theatre District, the United Nations Headquarters, Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center.
Offering the elegance of the City with the quaintness of the country, Extended Stay NYC - 1871 House is your very own New York City apartment in the middle of Manhattan! When you stay with us you can experience one of the best kept little secrets in one of the best loved biggest cities!
All rooms include private en suite bathrooms and include modern conveniences including flat screen TVs, wireless internet, direct-dial telephones, air conditioning, hair dryers, clock radios, irons & ironing boards. Most units also include fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. all-cotton bedding, country quilts, down comforters and pillows, shampoo and soap provided. Wi-Fi available in all rooms. Free Wi-Fi available in our ground floor reception area.
Location and General Highlights:
- Furnished apartments ideal for extended-stay, corporate or short-term housing needs
- Centrally located in New York City’s most exclusive neighborhood two blocks to Central Park
- Set in the heart of Manhattan’s Upper East Side within the Historic District.
- Steps to Central Park, fine dining, café’s and coffee bars
- Walking distance to Upper East Side Museums including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, MoMA, the Frick and the new Met Breuer
- Convenient to Times Square and Broadway
- Steps from Madison Avenue Shopping, Bergdorf Goodman, Barney’s & Bloomingdales.
- Steps from Midtown Manhattan
- Many nearby transportation options including Grand Central Station, many MTA subway lines, buses and yellow cabs at your fingertips.
- Convenient to multiple airports
- Personalized resident services
- Convenient for business, pleasure, for temporary relocations due to renovations or health reasons.
Seven one-of-a-kind Suites
CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE AND SETTLE IN
Although our rooms offer different experiences, they generally feature beautifully proportioned, light-filled rooms, airy 12 foot ceilings, beautiful antiques, hardwood floors covered with oriental rugs, fully equipped kitchens, dressed beds with handmade quilts, cozy sitting areas facing grand ornamental fireplaces, an assortment of antiques, flat-screen televisions, and all have private en-suite bathrooms. Details such as the decorative ironwork and ornate moldings convey an Old World charm – as do our classic beds, like the Rear Library’s sleigh bed with netting. Other highlights include our spacious “Garden Room” which comes with a private garden terrace, high ceilings and a fireplace, and our charming “Library Suite”, which constitutes a bibliophile's dream. There you can pen your opening chapter among the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves lining one wall of this quiet, sun-filled room.
A New York Extended Stay Bed and Breakfast
WE PROVIDE THE BASICS, YOU BRING THE INSPIRATION
As a New York City-Style Extended Stay B&B, Extended Stay NYC - 1871 House can provide all the accommodations necessary to make yourself at home: kitchen facilities and/or appliances in an apartment-style room. Our kitchens/kitchenettes, though not designed for elaborate meal preparation, are equipped with everything that our guests might need to make basic/simple meals, snacks, coffee and tea service. With our self-catering service, Extended Stay NYC - 1871 House offers relative affordability in the Upper East Side Historic District.
The Garden Terrace
EXPERIENCE A NEW VIEW OF MANHATTAN FROM THE GARDEN ROOM TERRACE.
The Garden Room provides guests with private access to its landscaped garden terrace. Enjoy drinking your morning coffee in Upper East Side style and reading your favorite book at our beautiful New York City B&B with 300 square feet of premier outdoor space. Our Terrace includes 3 steamer lounge chairs a table with umbrella, bench and chairs for your enjoyment.
This terrace offers the privacy of your own backyard, within the awe-inspiring landscape and skyline of midtown Manhattan. Let the views inspire you, while remaining in your very own quiet garden. The Garden Room Terrace overlooks neighboring townhouse gardens.
Highlights of Our Charming Suites
- 7 charming suites with homey ambiance and furnished with many antiques.
- Spacious suites are twice the size of traditional hotel rooms.
- Half-floor suites located on the lower floors (lower level to 2nd level) of the house.
- All suites contain en-suite bathrooms
- Top floors contain full floor suites with multiple bedrooms.
- The house retains nearly all its original interior features including molding, hardwood floors and fireplace mantels.
- Most of the suites contain kitchens or kitchenettes. Suites without a kitchen contain a minifridge and electric hot water heater.
- All front rooms with double insulated divided light windows
- All rear rooms with insulated double glazing Thermopane windows
- Beds with luxury bedding including quilts, down blankets and down pillows.
- Garden Room with private landscaped terrace
- Remodeled lower level suite with travertine floors and remodeled kitchen and bathroom
- 8 of the 11 bedrooms each contain a fireplace (5 marble)
- Suites with high ceilings and large windows
- Beautiful front and back views in all upstairs rooms